Turning Up the Heat on Entrepreneurship
Training Scientists, Translating Technologies, Transforming Regions
Neworks is an entrepreneurial training and technology transformation company, best known as the umbrella organization for the Pre-Seed Workshops (PSW) www.preseedworkshop.com. PSWs are becoming integrated into the fabric of entrepreneurial communities across the nation.
We orient scientists to the world of business and transform their high-tech inventions into commercializable oopportunities in some of the most intense, rapid turn-around, technology commercialization programs in the country. Our training vehicles are one to three day events well crafted to fully immerse participants in meaningful assignments that catapult teams forward towards creating start-up companies, new products, or licensing opportunities.
During these workshops, we use:
- Mini-lectures and hands-on working sessions
- Lots of peer and expert mentoring from other community members and corporate staff
- Real ideas and inventions, not case studies
Through these workshops, we:
- Move university and orphan technologies towards commercialization
- Build the foundational plans for new startup companies, internal corporate ventures, or licensing opportunities
- Provide experiential learning on presenting a concise and compelling business case
Neworks also trains entrepreneurial trainers on how to conduct and license our high-intensity workshops for use in their regions. We help the Host City Coordinators of our workshops create consortia for mutual support, collaboration, and cross-pollination.